Saturday, November 24, 2012

Six Secrets For Guarding Your Heart

If you are one of those girls who have committed to guarding your heart, than you know it is not easy. This world and everyone in it is very tempting. Especially when you let your emotions get the best of you. I often have to stop and ask myself, does my heart belong to me, or do I belong to my heart?

Here are a few tips I have found handy-
1. Whenever I find myself thinking about boys, I start praying for my future husband. It's distracting, in a good way.
2. If my mind is just flooded with in-pure thoughts, (and it happens to all of us) than I just place my hands on my head, as if I'm grabbing those thoughts, and push them away from me, as if I'm throwing them away. I know, it's silly, but it seems to work for me..
3. I haven't tested this one out yet, but if you are feeling tempted or distracted, or simply tired of waiting, get out your journal or a piece of paper and write a letter to your future husband. Or, if you'd rather, write a letter to God. Just tell him how you feel.
4. Read/purchase a good book. There are several books on purity and 'waiting' out there. They really helped me.
5. Pray. Talking to God helps with everything. It makes everything and anything better.
6. Read the Bible. There are plenty of verses and scriptures on purity and guarding your heart. It's a big encouragement boost when I'm doubting at all.

Hope these help!

Love,
Genesis

No comments:

Post a Comment