Thursday, April 5, 2012

Live Like You're Dying





When I was a little younger, not too long ago, I would question my Christianity and relationship with God. Probably around the age of 9 or 10. I would think, 'well I'm just a kid, by the time I'm an adult I'll be a better Christian.'. Well that's not the way it goes. Sorry to break it to ya. But I was completely wrong! I've lately been really thinking about the saying "live like you're dying". Just like people say, you can't go on living life then when you get older decide to follow God, just so you can secure a spot in heaven. That's not the way it works!! And I used to think that was a good plan, until I realized, we don't know when we're going to die! We don't and we never will. It's one of those 'for me to know and you to find out' moments. Just picture God saying it. 


Now, I get a lot of comments/compliments on how mature I am, and how I must be this amazing 12 year old to have the faith in God that I have, and the advocating interests that I have. I'm not saying I don't appreciate them, because I do, I love getting those humbling comments. But the answer is, no you don't have to be some amazing person, you don't have to be born that way (I don't know if that's even possible), you just need God. That's all. Once you realize it isn't all about you, and that God is bigger and better then this world, you have it. You should automatically feel the burden God left on your heart, that you just opened your eyes to see. This relates to Proverbs 24:12 (take a look at my header). Of course, if you were born into a Christian family, and brought up to love Jesus, then you might ask Him into your heart at a young age, like I did. And I am so grateful and blessed to have the family that I do, because I don't even want to imagine where I would be now if I didn't have them to teach me about Christ. I know so many kids that aren't living in a God loving home, and I see how that truly does effect them and their lives. 

 But back to the subject of 'you're never too young'......... 
If you have felt God calling you to His service, DON'T ignore it. No matter how old you are. Even if people are telling you are are too young, too uneducated, too in-mature, don't listen to them. I have grown in maturity, and God, through advocating for orphans and loving on the extra special ones in the world. The way I look at it is, God didn't hang out with the wealthy and privileged because He thought they were better. He tended to the weak and the poor, the sick and the helpless. So that's what I am doing. Tending to the weak, lost and suffering. Being the voice for those who have no voice. And I am not alone, I have such inspiring and amazing friends around my age, encouraging each other and sharing the same dream and interests as I do. And I know God put them in my life for a reason. I know that he has a purpose for each and every one of us. We just have to believe and trust in Him, with all of our hearts, souls, strength, and minds. 



Love,
Genesis

1 comment: