Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sisterhood

Yes, I am the only girl (besides my mom, of course) in our family. We're currently in the process of bringing home my 5th brother! But you know, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ, our heavenly father. Well in 2009, a girl named Madison contacted me. She emailed me about adoption. Now at the time, we were still waiting for God to show us the right child(ren) to commit to on RR. While Madison's family was in the process of adopting a little boy with Down syndrome. Long story short, we continued talking but it would go on and off through emails. Until I found Madi through a friend on facebook and that's when we 'clicked'. Fast forward 2 years.... I eventually started texting Madison's older sister, Amanda, and we three became close. One day, Madi came up the brilliant idea to start an advocating blog together! Amanda asked if she could join, then the two invited their good friend Caitlin to join in as well. I had never 'met' Caitlin, but we're just as close now, as Manda, Madi and I are (it's amazing how advocating can bring people together!). So we came up with Guardian Angels.

The four of us now fundraise for an adopting family every 2 months. Not only is God allowing us to help amazing families, but he has given me 3 beautiful, God-loving, awesome big sisters. All the late night phone calls, time difference, texting, facebooking, it's all part of our 'sisterhood :) And one day, if it's God's will, we'll meet in person! Whether that means me coming to Oregon, or them traveling to Florida. I love you guys!!

Caitlin (17)
Amanda (16)
Madison (14)

Love,
your little sister from Florida


 

1 comment:

  1. I love you too!!! I can't wait to wrap you in the big sister hug I have been waiting to give! Someday!

    ReplyDelete